Growing up as an army kid and hearing stories of valor and sacrifice makes my stomach churn at the thought that someone is accusing the Indian army of a military coup. I grew up in Africa and have seen a couple of coups. It takes two to tango, and in case of a military coup it take lots of coordinated effort to take over a country, no matter how small.
- Lot of planning and preparation
- Top commanders to be loyal to you, not the current government
- In case of India this involves Army, Air Force, Naval, BSF,CRPF and host of other divisions
- Bring the loyal current government supporter to a minority or bullied down
- Take care of the governors/ Chief Ministers across the states
- Control communication, airports and other sensitive areas
- Do it quick, coordinated and at the same time across the nation
And now about the two units who moved in night of January 16-17:
- Mechanized Infantry unit from Hisar in Haryana : Some 450 troops
- A sizeable section of 50 Para Brigade from Agra : Lets say some 1000 troops
So does it mean it is expected that 1500 members will take over a country of over 1 billion. OK, if not the 1 billion people then some of the bullet points above. Come Mr G, let’s cut the chase. What were the instructions ;)?
The Army chief already in an earlier interview with The Week, spoke about the event: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/weeks-ago-army-chief-warned-of-troop-movement-being-misreported-194363
He said the movement “would be used to malign and misrepresent what he described as routine army exercises”
And there is another report coming out which states that a honorable minister leaked the report for his benefit of a relative (son may be)
The only time democracy put down in India was during PM Indira Gandhi Emergency. Can people investigate the atrocities down at that time? Like I heard that in Gaya many students were dumped… now this is what I hear. Can our media investigate this… please the courage of journalism should investigate the whistle blowers been killed also.
This way a good way to divert attention from core issue – Tatra Scam, insider arms lobby and other nefarious people.
The concerned person who made this report… well check his view on Anna, and we all know how the people in the media was trying to paint a different picture on Anna moment.
See this report: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/the-aam-anna-aadmi/834441/0
Another funny part that time a famous best seller author even wrote a article which was not in a positive light for Anna. The Indian public knows such articles are concocted especially after the Radia tapes controversy. What say Mr. G?
If this new report is malicious and intended to create division… well something should happen! I end with two words: Military Intelligence.