- P-Who Rating: 7/10
- Cast: Akshay Kumar, Nimrat Kaur
- Written by Raja Krishna Menon, Suresh Nair, Rahul Nangia, Ritesh Shah
- Directed by Raja Krishna Menon
Airlift Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5xCMbMfZ0
When you see a movie and it make you reflect on the character, plot and references in the story; then the movie is worth it. Airlift is one such movie. The movie begins to show punjabipan and no nonsense character of business man Ranjit Katyal. He knows how to do business, and all change when Iraq invades Kuwait. He watches his driver die shot by an Iraqi solider and then he involves himself in getting the Indians united and ensuring their survival by coming together – aka Ek Chidiya Anek Chidiya.
Ok, now back to the review. Mr. Katyal (a Punjabi) contacts Ministry of External Affairs in Delhi without much help, but only one person in the department helps and tries to tie things together – a Mr. Kohli (another Punjabi). Now you getting the gist? If this was a true story, then when not take real names and if you do not want to take real names then keep it as close to the character. Yes suspension of disbelief is there in movies, but not if the claim is on research and based on true events.
The evacuation is done, and Vande Matram is played with the Indian flag been raised in background. Happy Republic day to all. The movie plot moved seamlessly with good balance on acting and less hamming.
All happy. Almost.
Why Racist: Why is that stereo typical to show Punjabi as savior, when the real hard work was done by Mallu Christian (Mathunny Mathews). In the current storyline there is there a Mr. John, an irritating character who was getting into the nerve of the protagonist and even the audience. If they reversed the names, what would be the reaction? Mathunny Mathews (popularly known as Toyota Sunny), Harbajan Singh Vedi and others who were based in Kuwait were the ones who participated in help the Ministry of external affairs.
My experience of Ministry of External Affairs has been good, and when I had an issue in a foreign African land, they stepped in. I was apprehensive, but my father advised and we walked inside the Embassy and was treated with respect and dignity. So again type casting against that nothing works in the government.
These type casting can create issues at a subconscious level where perceptions can be built.
MILE Factor: Message, Intangible, Lesson-Learning & Entertainment
- Identity is the core for help – first human, and then nation. When in trouble your identity is what which can help you. Knowing and holding each other’s hand is India’s strength. Our diversity is what makes us strong.
- World’s biggest civil operation evacuation rescue effort was by India. It holds the Guinness world record, and it was done in 1990 with over 488 flights over a period of 63 days. The rescue number – 111,711 members. That was the strength then – imagine 25 years alter what we Hindustanis can do if we walk together
- As of Feb 5th – Airlift which was made on budget of INR 30 Crores, have done 6.5 times of business almost ~195 crores. And scored well with critics also. SRK are you listening.
- The Iraqi WAR FRAUD: Many stories of the atrocities of was done. The incubator story was also false: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PPiadun9Jo
- The Nayirah testimony was a false testimony given before the Congressional Human Rights Caucus on October 10, 1990 by a 15-year-old girl who provided only her first name, Nayirah. The testimony was widely publicized, and was cited numerous times by United States senators and President George H.W. Bush in their rationale to back Kuwait in the Gulf War.
- And then it was drop of weapons of mass destruction which was never found. Amen!