Back in the mid 90’s (Feb. 1996) if Rebecca Marks (of Enron defame) had pulled out a spectacular stunner in bringing (some say) sex starved politician back to negotiating table to then save the Dhabol project in Maharashtra (guess who was in power then). She had the business acumen to negotiate and get a deal. She also had short skirts, bare long legs and high heels had many bureaucrats, politicians around the world tongue out gapping for more…and India media did go ga-ga-gu-gu then.
Fast forward 16 years…a whole new generation, but same story.
Ms. Hina Rabbani Khar touches down in New Delhi, and Indian media ga-ga-gu-gu- ten times over. It was appalling to hear a celebrity politician (from the 26/11 city) smiling gleefully cheek to cheek welcoming the beautiful blah… blah… blah… the beautiful …blah… blah. I wonder what his wife and daughter had to say that day.
A 34 four year old femme fatale, dressed for the occasion, like an Indian media reported “her monotone outfit of a blue the colour of the season, tasteful accessories Roberto Cavalli sunglasses, stylish Hermes Birkin bag (worth more than US$ 9,000/- or US$ 15,000 etc – may be BIG FIGHT show can be put) and glass pearl jewelry added a glamour to her look”
Gosh, wish we had more politicians like her, then our people may do some serious business. OK so who is this lady?
Bullet Points around Hina Rabbani Khar
- Hina Rabbani Khar (HRK) was born on 19th July 1977 in Multan, Pakistan
- Ms Khar went to Lahore University of Management Sciences to do her graduation in Economics in 1999. She also did a M.Sc. from the University of Massachusetts in 2001. The World Economic Forum listed her name as young global leaders in 2008
- Ms Khar is married to Feroz Gulzar, a noted Pakistani businessman and is a proud mother of 2 sons and a daughter
- She also co-owns a posh and popular upscale restaurant, Polo Lounge in the Lahore Polo Grounds in Islamabad
- Political tie through her father and uncle being the Ex Minister and Ex Governor and Chief Minister of Pakistani province of Punjab
- In 2002, she became an elected member of the National Assembly for the first time with a Pakistan Muslim League (Quaid-e-azam) [PML-Q] ticket
- 2008 the PML-Q did not issue her a ticket, she changed her allegiance to PPP. In the election she had a clear sweep by winning with a margin of over 84,000 votes
- Ms Khar had been the Minister of State for Economic Affairs and Statistics
- She is also the first woman in the history of Pakistani politics to present a budget speech.
- After handling the post of State Minister for Foreign Affairs for some time, Ms Khar was elevated to the Foreign Minister’s shoes in July 2011 as Shah Mehmood Qureshi resigned from the office
Why is she given this position – What’s may be the hidden agenda ?
It was on the onset of her designation as the Pakistani Foreign Minister that President Zardari had made it clear that Ms Khar’s appointment will “send positive signals about the soft image of Pakistan”. This was much needed as the illicit nexus of Pakistani politicians and military personnel with the Islamic terror outfits has b een proven. A stigma of being the chief patron for the Islamic terrorists and jihadists looms large over its image.
Today, Pakistan strives much to have the world’s confidence by shedding off the tag of being the epicentre of Islamic terrorism. And the country is in much need of a face to assert its lost image. As much of a country’s image generates through its Foreign Minister, Pakistan was in a dire need of appointing a fresh face who could epitomise the air of modernism. Hence, Ms Khar, an ardent fashionista who loves polo and trekking, has given the charge.
As she has touched down the Indian soil for taking on the peace talks further in between the arch-rivals India and Pakistan. The world eagerly waited to see how she takes it in her first major diplomatic outing….which she gave to the Kashmiri separatist’s elements.
But one thing is for sure, Ms Khar has definitely taken the Indian media at a sway with her calm and confident approach to things. According to the noted political commentators, Ms Khar’s youth and glamour will surely have an unprecedented advantage to open the lock gates and start afresh the peace dialogues between these India and Pakistan. And why not…66% of Indians and 75% of Pakistanis are below 35 years of age.
Old history may now matter now. But the K word still remains.
Will Hina Rabbani Khar be shrewd enough to successfully navigate the troubled waters of Indo-Pak relations? Will she be able to make a difference in this age-old saga of coldness and hatred between these two neighbouring countries? Or will she struggle to hold her own in high pressure diplomacy and eventually break down like her predecessors?
There are lots of answers to find…and how can India counter it…well Bollywood may have some answer (see funny tweets below)
For the FPUN of it: HRK is going to star with SRK with great KRK as villain, and the story is about KKR team playing for battle for K.
pHunny Tweets on HRK: (sorry could not add the source)
- There’s only one way to counter Hina Rabbani Khar. India should appoint Emran Hashmi as foreign minister
- Dear Pakistani friends pls take Sushma Swaraj and give us Hina Rabbani Khar!
- We find out that Hina Rabbani Khar’s bag is from Janpath
- Bagging the attention
- Pakistans Weapon Of Mass Distraction
Now I am Talking: HRK and Late Richard Holbrooke (special adviser on Pakistan and Afghanistan)
Let us give her a chance, and once again go with an open mind for umpteen time. There are many issues to be resolved apart from K: Siachen, Sir Creak, water sharing, fishermen, 26/11, Samjhota express, PoW, and…Shaksgam valley hand over to China (this I am adding) …etc.
But always remember US President Ronald Reagan dictum: Trust, But Verify
Disclaimer : I dont own any photo and taken from http://www.wateen.net/, and http://tvtuc.com/hina-rabbani-khar-sexy-pictures-scandal-hina-rabbani-hot-photo.html . Some points of this article for our funnybones…if we have them.